African Economic Council
The African Economic Council: A non-governmental organization, the founding conference was held on 18 and 19 March 2017.
The Council was established in recognition of the importance of the African continent moving aggressively towards the economic prosperity and well-being of its people, aware of the attractive investment opportunities on the continent and recognizing the great role that the African private sector can play in improving the continent’s status in international investment and trade and drawing on successful experiences in economic work Common to peers on other continents.
Objectives of the Economic Council
- Contribution on supporting economic cooperation efforts among African countries, especially in the private sector.
- Contribution and assistance in creating the investment climate in the countries of the continent in liaison and coordination with the executive and legislative bodies.
- Contributionin enhancing the regional and international cooperation of the continent in the field of investment, trade and technology.
- Helping to strengthen economic relations and strengthen the relations of African businessmen, especially with their counterparts in other economic councils.
- Contributionin stimulating joint investment initiatives between the African, Asian and Latin American and Caribbean private sectors.
- Assist in guiding joint economic action between CAPP, ICAPP, COPPPAL and any other entities towards investment in infrastructure projects, food and energy production and technology
Mechanisms to achieve the objectives of the Council
To achieve its objectives, the Economic Council follows the following means:
- Organizing conferences and workshops and exchanging visits.
- Exchange information, research and studies to identify the potential of each country.
- Communication with the world’s economic entities and their various organizations.
- Establishing training programs and upgrading capacities.
- Forming committees or working groups to discuss the financing and implementation of its activities.
Economic Council network
- the African Union
- Asian Parties Council
- Council of Latin American Parties
- Caribbean Islands,
- Organization of the founding conference in Tunisia on 19 and 20 March 2017
- Participation in the meeting of the Council of African Political Parties
- Participation in the Economic Council of Asian Political Parties on 15 May 2017 in China
- Participation in the African Youth Council meeting on 03 August 2017 in Chad
- Organization of the African Economic Forum in Tunis on 16 and 17 January 2018 in Tunis